Cost: $300 for one or two people
Season: Year Round
Duration: Half Day
Location: Truckee River
Click Below For Next Program
Along with offering a wide range of classes and guide trips, MHFF also specializes in customized, on the water clinics which cover a large variety of fly fishing topics. Clinics are great for everyone, from the families wanting to get their hands wet in a new sport, to large company outings wanting to do a unique group activity. Clinics typically take place on the Truckee River, near the town of Truckee.
During a typical clinic, you will learn skills such as:
- Basic casting, including roll casting, false casting, and shooting line
- The most effective techniques for presenting, dry flies, nymphs, and streamers to the pickiest of trout
- Reading the water and figuring out where trout live, and why they’re there
- River safety and etiquette
- Streamside entomology with live bugs
- Rigging your rod and useful knots
- How to ethically fight, land, photograph, and release fish
What’s Included– All gear including rods, waders, flies, ect.
What’s Not Included– Although this not a guided fishing trip, a CA fishing license is required. A single day license is $14.60.
We strongly recommend buying AND printing your CA license HERE ahead of time.
Where to Meet- With few exceptions, we meet at the Truckee River RV Park, about 8 min. east of Truckee off Rt. 80. Click here for directions.
What to Bring– Hat, polarized sun glasses, sun screen, camera and lots of questions!!!
Keep in mind that clinics are tailored to you, what you want to learn, and to fit your schedule! Any of the topics you see on above can be mixed and matched to accomplish your goals a fly fisher.