About the program.
Widely regarded as one of the top programs in the country, Matt Heron Fly Fishing is an all-inclusive fly fishing school and outfitter located just minuets from Lake Tahoe.
Nationally recognized for it’s school and teaching curriculum, most classes take place daily at the beautiful Resort at Squaw Creek in Olympic Valley, California. RSC is a Five Star, Four Diamond luxury resort.
Our outfitter program and guide trips are based out of the town of Truckee, with most trips taking place on the Truckee and Little Rivers right in our own back yard.
Matt’s program is currently one of the most popular and sought after fly fishing schools in the country. This truly is Reno/Tahoe’s primer fly fishing experience!
Matt’s fly fishing program offers the following.
- A wide variety of daily classes to fit anyone’s ability and schedule.
- Two private, stocked ponds full of beautiful rainbow trout with some fish measuring by the pound, not inch.
- The Fly Fishing Discovery Center, Tahoe’s only fly fishing education facility.
- All classes with power points include, colored note sheets and copies of the presentations.
- Full and half day guided trips, along with private water options.
- One of the most amazing outdoor classroom settings in the world. The Fly Fishing Discovery Center and ponds have 360 degree views of Squaw Valley, home of the 1960 Winter Olympics.
- Creek Creatures, a one of a kind, hands on children’s learning experience custom tailored by the parents.
- International hosted travel to salt water destinations all over the world.
- North lake Tahoe’s only selection of loaner and rental fly gear for the DIY fly fisher on vacation.
- World class corporate teambuilding and group options for your businesses next outdoor adventure.
- We use only the best gear in the business, namely Sage premium fly rods and reels, and Rio fly lines.
- All classes and trips are catch and release, using single barbless hooks.